For easy and convenient installation conditions and desired performance , following recommendation are made :
1) No drums should be stored one above the other.
2) Drum should be stored preferably on a plane ground without having any projected hard stones above the ground surface. The drums should be stored preferably in the shed.
3) Drums should be stored and kept in such a way that bottom cable end does not get damaged.
4) Drums should be rotated only in the direction mark on the drum.
5) While laying the cable in a trench the cable end should be pulled with pulling eye only after mounting the drums on the jacks.
6) 100% drums shall be checked for continuity and cross continuity test to ensure that there is no internal damage to cable during transportation.
7) Insulation resistance shall be measured with 500 v. megher between the cores and all the cores to earth (Armour).
8) Where the cable is to be joined with an existing cable, the sequence of cores of the two ends to be in the opposite direction i.e. if at one end it is the clockwise direction, at the other end it should be in anticlock wise direction. This is necessary to avoid the crossing of cores while jointing. This will also decide the in which the cable is to be pulled.
9) The maximum bending radius for cable should not be less than the value shown below.
Wherever possible 25% higher value should be adopted.
15 X overall diameter : single core as per table 2
12 X overall diameter : Multicore as per table 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9.